We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment will consist of a tour of our office and a thorough examination, including digital X-rays and photographs, as well as a discussion of potential treatment options. This important 45-minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well. We know your time is valuable, so for your convenience and if the patient is ready, we typically reserve time following the exam to begin treatment. You could leave with braces or Invisalign impressions that same day or if you prefer we will schedule a convenient time for you to return and begin creating your new smile.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient's specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
At the Oasis, our goal is to give you the best options available to achieve the beautiful smile you are looking for – and for all of us to have a fun time along the way! We look forward to sharing this rewarding experience with you.